Focuskpi is looking for a Sr. Automation Engineer to join our client in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a full-time contract.
The group has a global mandate, so our experiences touch lives around the world. Our applications on desktop, native and mobile web platforms attempt to deliver amazing tools into the hands of our customers, and the user base has responded with fantastic growth. We believe in small teams of smart people working together to deliver the best product. As an senior software engineer in test on our team you will not only be working with fantastic technical leads and developers, test engineers to develop software for testing web and mobile platforms but also with great partners in product management, UX (interaction and visual), project management and beyond. Our process is light and tight. Come join our high performance team!
• You are a developer and have implemented software and/or test applications and you are looking to do even better
• You have a passion for building tools together with development and test teams and improve quality of applications that we build as a team
• You like to take on new challenges in the mobile test automation space
• You like to drive and provide technical solutions to help development and test teams move faster and be more productive
• You enjoy working on small teams, solving problems together
• You care more about the product than process - Don't get us wrong, we are constantly evolving our process, but we care most about what we ship and what results it delivers, not how we shipped it
• You enjoy writing code that you are proud of even if you look back at it 6 months later and wonder “really”?
• BS in computer science or equivalent
• 5 years experience developing software or test automation frameworks using one of the programming language – Java, Ruby, Node.js or Objective C
• Experience implementing test automation frameworks for web or mobile platforms (hybrid, iOS or Android) using any one open source software – Selenium, Web driver, Robotium, Appium
• Experience in building and executing automated and performance tests for REST and SOAP based services
• Excellent knowledge and experience with web technologies – HTTP, HTML, XML, JSON, SQL, Java Script, Node.js and mobile platforms – Xcode, android SDK
• Experience with environment configurations, defect tracking, build or release management, continuous integration and debugging tools such as charles proxy, jenkins, Jira, Testflight etc.
• Experience automating web-based applications or mobile clients on IOS and Android platforms
• Passion to work independently on diverse problems and resolve challenges on a daily basis.
• Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with configuring or implementing Build or Release Management tools.
• Good understanding of latest trends of tools and technology in software test automation space
• If you have a Github account that shows off your work that is a plus
Thank you for applying!
FocusKPI Hiring Team