FocusKPI, Inc. is looking for Systems Engineer to work for our client in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a full-time contract with negotiable pay rate.
• Proactively monitor availability and performance of our client's application stack and infrastructure using key homegrown and commercially available tools.
• Efficiently respond to monitoring alerts, incident tickets, and email/phone/irc requests to NOC operations and triage/escalate issues as needed.
• Adeptly perform application and website troubleshooting to quickly resolve issues per documented procedures.
• Candidly work with SRE and Development teams, as well as coordinate/communicate/manage notifications and updates of issues affecting site availability/performance to customers and executive management
• Effectively ensure smooth and complete hand offs between shifts.
Required Skills & Experience
• Understanding and Strong programming experience in Java/J2EE applications
• Experience working with Unix/Linux(Redhat) and system management tasks.
• Capacious scripting (anything will work, but they are a Python shop) and automation experience
• Good understanding of network concepts, IPv6, TCP/IP stack and common Internet protocols
• Effective team player to be able to work closely with peers and other operations or engineering teams
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask in an interrupt-driven, real-time environment
• Superb interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills - both written and verbal
• Identifies and automates repetitious tasks and processes to improve issue resolution time.
• Documents and streamlines existing processes and implements new processes.
• Enhances and/or builds utilities/tools (together with SRE) to increase productivity.
• Display a passion to enhance your current skill set - Willing to become a subject matter expert in key technologies
Thank you for applying!
FocusKPI Hiring Team
FocusKPI Inc. is an analytics consulting business providing solutions such as CRM customization, Risk Management, Business Intelligence, Advanced/Operational/Web/Digital Analytics as well as Human Resources for our clients.